Main | Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Honey Boo Boo's Uncle Poodle Sent His Boyfriend To Prison For Giving Him HIV

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo cast member Lee Thompson, who is known on the show as Uncle Poodle and who gained praise last year for being out on the program, has revealed that he had his former boyfriend charged with HIV transmission after learning that he himself was HIV-positive last year.
I was adamant about getting my HIV status checked on a regular basis. On March 16, 2012, I tested negative. Then, in May of 2012 my test results came back positive. I knew it had been my boyfriend who infected me. I later learned he had been HIV positive and was not taking medication and had not bothered to tell me about it. I was advised that I should press charges and, hesitantly, I did. It was the right thing to do. He is serving a 5-year sentence. I would have been cool with his HIV status if he had been honest. I don’t have an issue with the disease. I would have known how to protect myself.
In the above-linked article Thompson goes on to denounce barebackers as "damn fools" but makes no revelation as to how he was infected.

RELATED: The decriminalization of HIV transmission has long been a goal of many HIV/AIDS activists.  Last year the Global Commission on HIV & The Law issued a United Nations-sponsored report that called for exactly that.  Also last summer Todd Heywood reported that HIV criminalization laws cause some men to never get tested at all.

Labels: , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home